Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Republican Convention day 1

Mr. Nielson, Lottie, and I made it to Tampa! 
We were bused to the convention center last night, and I was blown away. 
The security was extraordinarily tight, and about five miles in every direction
 was blocked off by guards and police personnel. 
And, of course, lots of people love and support Mitt and the Republican party. 
Once in the convention center, we sat comfortably in one of the upper-level suites
 drink some Coke, talked with some Mitt-supporter Olympians, 
and I discretely nursed Lottie whenever I needed. 
One of my favorite speakers tonight was Ann Romney.
 She looked beautiful and radiated love and support for her husband. 
She told of Mitt's warm personal side. Favorite excerpt from her speech: 
  "I can't tell you what will happen over the next four years. 
But I can only stand here tonight as a wife and a mother and a grandmother, 
an American, and make you this solemn commitment. 
This man will not fail!"

I am excited to see what today brings. 
We didn't get to bed until about 2:00 am last night. 
These GOPs, man, they know how to partay! 




Bookmark and Share