Wednesday, July 10, 2013

4th of July



 This year, instead of visiting the annual grand parade that
Provo puts on every 4th of July,
we decided to have our own bike ride up Provo canyon.
Family members joined together with bikes and red vines and
embarked on a 5 mile scenic ride.
 Such lovely weather and less crowds (than the parade).
 
A shout out to Madsen bikes for making our bike ride so enjoyable!
Have you checked out their bucket style bikes?

After the bike ride, we all met together where we celebrated my
 Yankee doodle dandy-father who turned sixty-nine.
My Mom and Dad just returned home from a three year mission where they
cared for and were in charge of hundreds of full-time missionaries for the
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I am so proud of them!
{check out that piece of cake I made for Mr. Nielson- he did not eat it}
 {Ruby getting her first taste of "black death" by Andrew
...not really though}
Naps were much needed for the babies (and me) and we rested up
before finding our spot to watch the fireworks in the city below.


Hope you had a safe and happy 4th of July too!

 BTW:
 * * * * * * *
I am already brainstorming for back-to-school.
This year, I'd love to get these Vintage Pearl trinket boxes for their jewelery. 
What about you?
Bookmark and Share Add to Technorati Favorites